• Create Account

DLLs in UDK for a Multi-User app?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 NeXoSE   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hey guys,

This is my first post here, i'm completely newbie both on game maker and forum user, i apologize if i made any mistake and misunderstanding (with my poor English LOL), please forgive me if that really happened.

I like ask some question about UDK, for my planninged (started plan but nothing is done so far) project. It's a Multi-Player game base on a ready-made game engine.

The UDK is the Top 1 choice for me, so i want to ask something about it.

Before i ask anything, i have to say, i'm using a Free version without license because i don't planning to sell it or making money from it (Too soon to assess), so, i will not able to use the UDK Server function. Besides, my game is not so good to work with that thing. I will make my own server for it using TCP for better anit-cheat and some other important features. And that's the all questions coming from.

First, i want to know if is possible to make a C++ class for UDK (with DLL) for establish a persistent TCP connection? (Connect to server when game start, and close connection when game exit.)

My working flow should like this:
未标题-1.jpg

Second, Can i directly use C++ class to control game data? like change player HP or create new AI NPC, or even call Unreal Script?

Third: Can i create multi instance for C++ class in a singe called UDK class? or can i have sub class in my C++ class?

Last: if UDK cannot do those things, will Unity3D can?

Please give me a answer, Thank you.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS