I have learned a lot from these forums about pathfinding. I have also read quite a few articles and books on the subject. After all the reading, I decided to put together my own 'A*' component.
The A* component is designed to run on the Xbox 360, using the XNA framework. It also it usable in other applications, like within PC games or WPF window applications.
One of the topics I read about was regarding the use of 'Cheap List'. I'm sure some of you have heard of this, since it was used in an older RTS game; originally created in C++. Well, I decided to incorporate this 'Cheap List' into this A* component, and damn... it made a huge difference! The search time went from 250 ms down to 1-8 ms per search! Crazy.
Recently, I decided to decouple the A* from my Indie game engine, and make it usable outside the engine. I recently created a WPF application sample, which shows how this works and a YouTube video using this A* component.
AStar Game Late-Bindable Component - XNA/PC
No replies to this topic