• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

Integrating Git with Visual Studio

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 incertia   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 779

0Likes

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

I've setup a repo on Github to store my code, but how exactly do I manage all of it with Git? I don't feel like doing "git add <file>" several different times to commit my work to Github.
what

Sponsor:

#2 SiCrane   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9623

0Likes

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

If you want a git add-on for MSVC you can try Git Extensions. I've never used it myself, but I have heard from others that this is what they use.

#3 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 30849

0Likes

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

At work we're encouraged to use the command-line interface, so we actually learn what we're doing with Git, but we also use TortoiseGit for Windows explorer integration.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS