• Create Account

Quick Question: Can I sniff (DX9) surfaces to *get* RTT images...from another process?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 zarthrag   Members   -  Reputation: 152

0Likes

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

It's been a long time since I've posted here! I recently started up an experiment to get from data from a flightsim out into the "real world" to place on a device. It's a MFD that renders video onto a panel in-game, presumably using RTT operations. I want to write a plugin/dll that runs alongside and calls getrendertargetdata() on the texture to pull it back into system memory, and then I can export the data to where I want it to go.

My question is, is there a way to do this from another process? I'm not familiar enough with the rules to know if this is a dead end. I'd have to find the device pointer (Can I use my own?), and then locate the surface/texture somehow. Is this even possible?
"This I Command" - Serpentor, Ruler of C.O.B.R.A

Sponsor:

#2 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 29759

0Likes

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

I've not done it before, but it's a common enough task for people to "hook directX" - injecting some of your own code between a process and it's DirectX device, so that you can interfere with it from another process, so this should be possible for you.
http://www.altdevblogaday.com/2012/04/02/extravagant-cheating-via-direct-x/

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS