• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

2D collision detection and response in XNA

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 mwkenna   Members   -  Reputation: 143

0Likes

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

Hi Guys

I am looking for a good code example of a collision detection routine that can handle multiple fast moving objects in XNA. I have been researching SAT but I can't seem to get the MTD response code to work properly when working when there are multiple resolutions.

Please could someone post either a link to a good tutorial or preferably some sample code which achieves what I need?

I won't be copying any code I just want a worked example that I can step through in the debugger in order to understand what's happening.

Thanks,
Mark.

Sponsor:

#2 Murdocr   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

Hi Mark,

Perhaps this might be of use to you?

Additionally if you just want to start off with rectangle collision, which might be easier to follow and see what's happening in the debugger, then the previous tutorial should help you.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS