• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

C++ Exercise

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kheyas   Members   -  Reputation: 179

1Likes

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

Hello! I wasted my entire easter holiday laying around doing nothing and I can't do this anymore. I need to work more. So i decided to make a "project" kind of thing where everyone could post exercises and we can help each other solve them. I actually need basic ones because i realised i don't know basic stuff like: finding if a number is prime. Really simple things like this can be sometimes hard to find on your own and can later help you because you can easly implement it.
The first thing i want to know is where i could make 2 threads...(a mod should help me here).

The first thread: Containing all the exercises in this form or with a few modifications. We should stick as much as we can to a standard tough.
Problem no. 1
//Difficulty: Beginner
Write a code that reads 10 numbers, checks if the numbers are prime and shows a total of prime numbers read.
//Example: Input|2,5,6,3,12,6,7,25,2,8 Output|5

The second thread: Like a forum that helps people solve the exercise.
Problem no. 1
I don't know how to check if a number is prime. Can someone help me?
//You may even add sample code here

Waiting for a mod to tell me where i should make the threads, or if they already exist and I didn't see them.
Also if people know any other sources of practice/exercise, I would like to hear from them.

Sponsor:

#2 Zael   Members   -  Reputation: 154

1Likes

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Check out Project Euler. It is basically exactly what you have described.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS