• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

dynamic music

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 JoJoSim1   Members   -  Reputation: 173

0Likes

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

Does anyone has experience with dynamic music on iOS devices? Is there a library to do event based music?
Which tools are out there and so on.
I'm looking for every hint, idea and inspiration :)

Sponsor:

#2 Vorel512   Members   -  Reputation: 130

0Likes

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hi JoJoSim1!

I would suggest this AVFoundation framework for a start. You can set pan, volume, and also play from time, etc.
On my first app I used it with touches ended event. Every object had its own sound, and I played it when the user touched the object.
Also there is the OpenAL framework, but I am still a newbie in that...

#3 JoJoSim1   Members   -  Reputation: 173

0Likes

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

Hi Vorel512!

Maybe my question was not that precise. I like to use AudioGraphs which works pretty well for me. AVFoundation can be used to trigger single sounds but thats not what I mean. Think of a soundtrack that dynamically changes its mood depending on gamestate.

Right now I'm looking for a MusicCompositing tool with an integrated script language. (Freeware would be best)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS