• Create Account

Manager/Simulation Games Requirements

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 HElwy   Members   -  Reputation: 228

0Likes

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

I'm just a programming newbie, probably know bits of some languages, and I really want to start making a Manager Simulation game, I dunno if that's clear enough, I want to make a game like Football Manager or maybe Tropico, and I had a few questions, being still a newbie, but willing to learn any language..

1) Can these games be developed by a lone wolf? or I have to make a team of programmers?
2) What's the best language that'll won't make my life complicated making those games?
3) Any good guides to how to program them?

Sponsor:

#2 Olaf Van Schlacht   Members   -  Reputation: 687

1Likes

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

1) If your not going to make high end graphics and just plain text like in the good old days then sure why not. If you have the will to do it then youll do it.
2) Because simulating management you could use any language .... if you want to use graphics then any language which has a supported graphics API can be used.
For easy going just use C# for the beginning.
3) Read something about Game Design and OOP, you'll get a good idea on how to structure your application/game.

printf("Hello Signature");

#3 MatsK   Members   -  Reputation: 223

1Likes

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

You don't "need" a team of programmers to do anything. Heck, if a lone wolf coder wanted to, he could recode WoW from scratch alone. What it comes down to is time. And often what takes the most time isn't the programming anyways, it's creating all the art and sound assets. So it depends on how big and complex you want your game to be and whether you want it to be in 3D or 2D.

#4 HElwy   Members   -  Reputation: 228

0Likes

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

1) If your not going to make high end graphics and just plain text like in the good old days then sure why not. If you have the will to do it then youll do it.
2) Because simulating management you could use any language .... if you want to use graphics then any language which has a supported graphics API can be used.
For easy going just use C# for the beginning.
3) Read something about Game Design and OOP, you'll get a good idea on how to structure your application/game.

No, I'm not really looking for high graphics, there will be graphics for watching matches maybe, but I don't think that what you call high.. Can Java work instead of C#, because I never tried C# but I'm already working on Java (but I can begin learning C#, no problem :D)

You don't "need" a team of programmers to do anything. Heck, if a lone wolf coder wanted to, he could recode WoW from scratch alone. What it comes down to is time. And often what takes the most time isn't the programming anyways, it's creating all the art and sound assets. So it depends on how big and complex you want your game to be and whether you want it to be in 3D or 2D.

Thanks, it's a relief because finding a single programmer in my country can be suicide.. and actually it will be 70% text-based and 30% just watching matches which won't be very detailed, or maybe building training campus..

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS