• Create Account

How to use DirectX to render Windowless ActiveX Control

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 vagou   Validating   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

I want to render video by DirectX, but video should not be on top of HTML elements.
So I try to render video in windowless active control by using DirectX. Windowless control callback function include parameter DC and Area RECT, I render image in Area RECT by DirectX. But it does not work as what I hope to. The image is shown in the ActiveX,and disappear immediately. It seems like the parameter DC is memDC ,and IE will copy it to windowless area after the callback function, so the image rendered by DirectX is covered by DC. If I constantly render image by DirectX not only in callback function but also in timer, the HTML elements which has overlap with ActiveX area will be covered. e.g. HTML Div. (The reason why I use windowless mode ActiveX is because I hope HTML elements can be on top of ActiveX. Window mode ActiveX is always topmost and will cover my HTML elements, which is not acceptable, that’s why I did not use Window mode ActiveX)
BTW ,Chreom/Firefox have same issue. and dont know how flash to implement it.
Anyone help me, any clues and suggesion , Thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 vagou   Validating   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:02 AM

I can use 3 solution to implement it .
1. Use D2D, but XP don't support it
2. Render video in backbuffer surface, Get this surface DC then BitBlt to callback DC of Browser. By demo ,performance is not good
3. GDI

Have other solution with better performance?

Edited by vagou, 11 May 2012 - 03:04 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS