• Create Account

Design a character animation system

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 enigmagame   Members   -  Reputation: 138

0Likes

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'm searching for suggestions and resources on the possible ways to design a character animation system. I mean a system built on top of the graphics engine (as graphics engine I use Ogre3D, that provide an animation layer), and that's must be in contact with the logic of the game.
More in detail I'm searching about the action state mechines (or animation state machines), that is build on top of the animation pipeline already provided by the graphics engine. So, a state-driver animation interface for use by virtually all higher-level game code.

It's for a sports title, maybe the question is non trivial.

Sponsor:

#2 DemonRad   Members   -  Reputation: 290

0Likes

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

you must start thinkin about supporting cal3d. That's not easy task and is free to many interpretations.

Peace and love, now I understand really what it means! Guardian Angels exist! Thanks!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS