• Create Account

Career outside my country

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 HElwy   Members   -  Reputation: 228

0Likes

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hey guys, I'm a 21 years old computer science student, who happen to live in Egypt, and as much as I can find, computer scientists are not common in my country, we are 4 in class, none interested in game developing, our uni don't really have courses for game developing, and we don't have a single game-developing company...

Long story short, I can't really begin my career in my country, so my question is, can I somehow get a contract from a company abroad and be able to work there if I developed some good small games (if that's a correct term) for the next years? or should I start thinking about developing games as a lone wolf?

And just one last question, can money from... small games earn me good money to look into it as a career, or I'm better just going to a company as a web developer or something and forget about the game developing..

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8727

1Likes

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Long story short, I can't really begin my career in my country, so my question is, can I somehow get a contract from a company abroad and be able to work there if I developed some good small games (if that's a correct term) for the next years?

That's possible.

or should I start thinking about developing games as a lone wolf?

Are you a Renaissance man? (A great artist, a great musician, a great programmer, a great businessman)

can money from... small games earn me good money to look into it as a career,

Anything is possible.

or I'm better just going to a company as a web developer or something and forget about the game developing..

My recommendation is that you take some time to read some of this forum's FAQs, like FAQ 64 for starters, then read some more.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 HElwy   Members   -  Reputation: 228

0Likes

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

Are you a Renaissance man? (A great artist, a great musician, a great programmer, a great businessman)

.... no Posted Image, I lost at the great artist part, but then I'm really looking into the management/low-graphics games, and I'm not what's called "great" at the other areas, but I can work it out I think

My recommendation is that you take some time to read some of this forum's FAQs, like FAQ 64 for starters, then read some more.

"#64: Stuck In A Non-Game Country" I'm not really sure how I've missed that.. Thanks alot for your help, guess there's still a hope..

Edited by HElwy, 07 May 2012 - 10:29 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS