• Create Account

GraphicsDevice handle in a custom content processor

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tarika   Members   -  Reputation: 481

0Likes

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

During creating a custom content importer/processor for a mapping format, I realised it would be handy to grab a handle to the current GraphicsDevice, however I think I'm missing a bit of logic. When the content manager is asked to load a Model, the BasicEffect attached to each ModelMeshPart has a handle to the GraphicsDevice, this is what I want to do with my own loaded content, although I'm just not sure at what point I would be able to find a handle to it. I should make clear that I am not using the Model class, nor will be able to.

Does anyone know how I would be able to achieve this? I'd rather not have to require that the user of my importer/processor must pass the handle after calling Content.Load<>()

Thanks for your help.

Aimee

Edited by AmzBee, 06 May 2012 - 05:00 PM.

We are now on Tumblr, so please come and check out our site! 

http://xpod-games.com

Sponsor:

#2 MJP   Moderators   -  Reputation: 11380

1Likes

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

It's been a while since I did any XNA, but from what I recall you can get an IServiceProvider from the ContentManager that's loading the asset, which you can then ask for a GraphicsDevice.

Edited by MJP, 06 May 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#3 Tarika   Members   -  Reputation: 481

1Likes

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

Thanks for the reply, it took me a while to figure it out but you pointed me in the right direction Posted Image

For anyone else looking for the solution, here is what I came up with:

IGraphicsDeviceService obj = content.ServiceProvider.GetService(typeof(IGraphicsDeviceService)) as IGraphicsDeviceService;
GraphicsDevice device = obj.GraphicsDevice;

Aimee.

Edited by AmzBee, 17 May 2012 - 11:56 PM.

We are now on Tumblr, so please come and check out our site! 

http://xpod-games.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS