• Create Account

Creating Skinned Tank for Animation

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Medo3337   Members   -  Reputation: 680

0Likes

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

I want to setup bones on a Tank I have created in 3Ds Max to use in DirectX (C++) and be able to rotate the wheels, turret and barrel by using DirectX (C++), however I am not sure about the correct way to make the tank skinned, I have tried to add bones and point them to the tank turret, it looks well in 3Ds Max, but when I use it in DirectX using .x file it doesn't look right.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Medo3337, 07 May 2012 - 11:19 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 ankhd   Members   -  Reputation: 1357

1Likes

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

Hello.

with my tank I made the turret a sub mesh and found its frame name then stored a pointer to the frame in code.
in 3dsmax it wash created as a group off meshes exported all at once. then you have a frame name for body, wheels , turret and other things like where the projectile
comes out of the barrel. Hope this helps

#3 Medo3337   Members   -  Reputation: 680

0Likes

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

Thanks, do you have any idea about how I can rotate multiple wheel at the same time? for example if I have 12 wheels and I names them all "wheel", how can I rotate all the sub meshes that has the name "wheel" at ONCE?

#4 ankhd   Members   -  Reputation: 1357

0Likes

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

I Rotate my wheels with animation from 3d modeling program then all I do is play the animation. may be faster then doing it your self.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS