• Create Account

URGENT: how can I export texture: 3DS Max 2012

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 falconmick   Members   -  Reputation: 80

0Likes

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:03 AM

I am currently making a game as a part of an assignment, I exported my model to a .x, I then went to load it into a .X model viewer and there was no textures Posted Image
I looked through the many miles of info on the display, and aparently the .x wasn't specifying a texture (it was using default, black) I was wondering, how do I export a .dds (preferred format) or whats a better way than with pandasoft directx exporter to export .X models with textures..

Here's the troublesome model
http://speedy.sh/VMkc4/tree.zip (or just click the attachment)
I put in there the .max folder and the .x folder
the .max might not even have textures as I had to manually set the path of the textures on my system, if you hit render and it renders grey, you just need to set texture paths

Attached Files

• Attached File  tree.zip   9.22MB   73 downloads

Sponsor:

#2 falconmick   Members   -  Reputation: 80

0Likes

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:08 AM

turns out it was my model view app that was having issues, although when I export my model it doesn't keep my custom texture (I have a leaf texture in which I have removed the non leaf parts with an opacity modifier, it didn't work

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS