• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

[VGT] Viral Game Trailers Opening Positions For YouTube

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 RPGJohnny   Banned   -  Reputation: 87

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

First This isn't a spam topic so don't bother. This topic is only for those that want to participate in this. If you want to troll, go do so by pressing delete on your account and raging on Notepad ++. This isn't a fly by night service I am going to offer you or some revolutionary new long lost secret to getting rich as a game developer. I am going to offer only 5 people the chance to having viral content on YouTube. This thread should explain enough in plain English about what I am offering. You make your choice or leave your troll comments at your own discord.

First, I offer advice on how Indies should market and advertise. Nothing more and nothing less. If you feel obliged to argue that your game can be driven by the elder winds and celestial sun light to drive sales instead of marketing and advertising then by all means keep doing that way. I won't argue back because I know that it takes money and strategy to make money.

My advice is on my journal, and my advice is always free. my journal doesn't need to be featured, I'm sure the 1 person who views it will be very pleased and try to see if my information is correct. I hope it helps that 1 person. If not at least I tried and those imaginary elder winds should carry forth their products into the hands of millions and carry back the money to that game designer.

There is a big gap for the big publishers and indie game designers that we need to bridge before we go into any further information about my offer. You need the eyeballs of the masses to generate sales. Only YouTube and Google can do that for you. More sales are generated by them than just relying on blind luck. Angry Birds used an assortment of Word OF Mouth generated by viral marketing agencies more so than actual customers. I feel that behind such a marketing success was also the use of a network such as TapJoy for speedy distribution of the game. There is no such thing as blind luck and success, you either catch the eye of some anonymous marketing firm and make it big, or you greyhat yourself.

Now on to my offer. I will take 5 games along with me on to the front page of YouTube. You just need to send me a trailer for your game and what kind of views you expect your trailer to get. notice that more views is more time! These 5 game trailers will be on my YouTube account and you will need to give me full permission in writing about how I can use them on my channel without copyright strikes. The channel is going to be brand new with no views, subscribers, and advertisers.

I am going to use these 5 games as examples of what I can do with YouTube. You get the free advertising on YouTube Front Page as long as I can use your game as a example of my skills and powers. You got until 5/31/2012 at 6:30 pst - 8 to provide to me via pm a trailer about your game, what distributor you are using, what price it is, ect. I can make the game trailer for you for free, all you will need to do is work with you on Skype by you sending footage of your game plus any additional images, texts, or information needed at the time of creating the trailer.

By 8/31/2012 I expect the 5 Game trailers to have 3.5M views each and at least 3-5 days exposed on YouTube front page. If this is possible then I will open up my service (yes service) to this community. The 5 Game Designers will be getting free publicity in exchange for their testimonials. My service prices, if I can achieve this goal, will be based on the testimonials of what these 5 Game Designers think. It will solely be based on what value they deem the service has. As of right now there is no service, only a offer for 5 people to have a chance at going viral. I want nothing more than your game trailer and rights to use it on my new channel. If you ultimately think this is a scam you must be mentally retarded. First, there are no money, name, or any exchanges other than privileges to use a game trailer for my channel. Finally, this is free charitable publicity. If you think that it's still a scam then don't submit. Simply just move on and see i the results come in by that time.

The chance of anyone randomly creating a viral game trailer is roughly 1 in 6,000,000. My strategy behind this will be my viral marketing techniques used in the past. In addition to make this even more harder I will be simply using techniques I list inside my journal posts for the videos. All data will be available for people to view as long as it doesn't contain any private information. For those that simply disapprove or don't believe we will see by the finish date whether or not I have the skills and you have to eat your words.

Submit your questions and game trailers to me via pm on this forum.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS