• Create Account

game using javascript?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 patchwarrior   Members   -  Reputation: 112

0Likes

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

hi,
i'd like to make a game using java script (i'm learning the commands at the moment) and i'd like to know if it was possible to do that with eclipse and also i'd like to know how to get started(set up etc)

thankyou

Sponsor:

#2 SillyCow   Members   -  Reputation: 849

0Likes

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

1. I worked with Netbeans, it was free and very nice. Even had some basic re-factoring, and code analysis.
1.a. If you have 100$, Webstorm is an amazing javascript IDE. Way ahead of anything else.
2. You can install Apache yourself, Or build a Java-Web project (just use HTML instead of JSPs)
3. Use "Chrome" for debugging. It has the best Javascript debugger available.

Good luck

My new android game : Enemies of the Crown

My previous android game : Killer Bees

#3 Novadust   Members   -  Reputation: 146

0Likes

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Do you mean Java or JavaScript (they're two very different languages). Java is usually used with the Eclipse IDE, so maybe that's what you mean.

You can make a game with either programming languages.

#4 SiCrane   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9596

0Likes

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

Another option for game development with JavaScript is to use the Unity engine.

#5 Serapth   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5465

0Likes

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

1. I worked with Netbeans, it was free and very nice. Even had some basic re-factoring, and code analysis.
1.a. If you have 100$, Webstorm is an amazing javascript IDE. Way ahead of anything else.
2. You can install Apache yourself, Or build a Java-Web project (just use HTML instead of JSPs)
3. Use "Chrome" for debugging. It has the best Javascript debugger available.

Good luck

For JavaScript development, WebStorm really can't be beat. I recently used it for some Node work and my god was it impressive.

Even better, it's 50$ if it's an individual purchase ( not corporate, as in purchased for you by you, regardless to how you use it ).

Once my trial is up, I am buying it.

For those who don't want to spend money, Aptana ( http://aptana.com/ ) is the way to go. It's built over Eclipse ( which I hate ), but doesn't seem to have all the cruft that makes me hate Eclipse.

Edited by Serapth, 18 May 2012 - 07:26 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS