Playstation 2 optimisation

Started by
4 comments, last by fleejay 22 years, 6 months ago
Hi, Are there any articles on optimising code for the Playstation 2? Thanks in advance. Fleejay
---Fleejay
Advertisement
Might have more luck in the console forum.
" The fastest code is the code you don't call "
I am curious... How are you going about creating ps2 games? Do you have an official dev kit, or are you using a different method?
Specifically what are you looking for? Optimizing VU code or what?

Mike
"Unintentional death of one civilian by the US is a tragedy; intentional slaughter of a million by Saddam - a statistic." - Unknown
About to start a job for a games house where I'll probably be writing Playstation 2 code, and I just wondered if anyone had any pointers about anything to make my code go faster. EG what size variables to use etc...

Thanks.

Fleejay.

Edited by - fleejay on October 9, 2001 9:49:45 AM
---Fleejay
well, there are so many different ways you can optimize. could be talking about MIPS, VU0, GS, DMA, etc. i am currently working on a OpenGL driver for PS2. if you have any questions about the MIPS, Gs or vu0 & vu1 just reply or e-mail me at pajoaqui@hotmail.com.

NOTE: WHY do people keep telling people to look elsewhere for console programming information. afaik this was a games developing forum. and games do come in console, no? there MAY be people with console programming experience who frequent this message board. for instance, ME.

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement