• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Help~~intel GPA does not work on Nvidia GTX460?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 jdyyx1984   Members   -  Reputation: 125

0Likes

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

I tried to analyze the rendering of Skyrim with intel GPA's frame cpature(Ctrl+Shift+C),but i found it only worked in the starup menu,when i entered the scene, it showed 'Unsupported D3DFORMAT: 0x5343564e', my system is this:
CPU:E8400
GPU:Nvidia GTX460

Error Log: [TAL][WIN pid=4084][ 90c] Unsupported D3DFORMAT: 0x5343564e

it was my first time to ues intel GPA ,does this tool work correctly with AIT or nvidia ' grapics card???

Sponsor:

#2 ATEFred   Members   -  Reputation: 1129

0Likes

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

I tried to analyze the rendering of Skyrim with intel GPA's frame cpature(Ctrl+Shift+C),but i found it only worked in the starup menu,when i entered the scene, it showed 'Unsupported D3DFORMAT: 0x5343564e', my system is this:
CPU:E8400
GPU:Nvidia GTX460

Error Log: [TAL][WIN pid=4084][ 90c] Unsupported D3DFORMAT: 0x5343564e

it was my first time to ues intel GPA ,does this tool work correctly with AIT or nvidia ' grapics card???

I've used gpa with a 480 without problems, I doubt that is an issue. The problem here is probably skyrim using vendor specific formats (not exposed by d3d9) which intel gpa does not know about. (I know it understands intz and rawz, but there might be others I guess).

#3 jdyyx1984   Members   -  Reputation: 125

0Likes

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

en~ thanks

#4 trotlinebeercan   Members   -  Reputation: 186

0Likes

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:17 AM

I've used gpa with a 480 without problems, I doubt that is an issue. The problem here is probably skyrim using vendor specific formats (not exposed by d3d9) which intel gpa does not know about. (I know it understands intz and rawz, but there might be others I guess).

Verified, somewhat.
http://msdn.microsof...8(v=vs.85).aspx

Also, check out the section 'Issues and Limitations':
http://software.inte...3-releasenotes/

Seems to be quite a few problems that pop up when reading through.

• Intel® GPA does not support frame capture or analysis for those applications which utilize any of the following features:
    • Execute on the Debug D3D runtime system
    • Use the Reference D3D Device
  • The Intel® GPA System Analyzer HUD may not be displayed in applications that use copy-protection, anti-debugging mechanisms, or non-standard encrypted launching schemes.
  • Intel® GPA provides analysis functionality by inserting itself between your application and DirectX*. Therefore, Intel GPA may not work correctly with certain applications which themselves hook or intercept DirectX* APIs or interfaces.

I'm not sure exactly how the graphics sub-level of Skyrim works, but if so, that's a reason it could be failing.

EDIT: I skipped over where you said you had a 32bit system.

• Intel® GPA Frame Analyzer runs best on 64-bit operating systems with a minimum of 4GB of physical memory. Additionally, consider running Intel GPA Frame Analyzer in a networked configuration (the server is your target graphics device, and the client running the Intel GPA Frame Analyzer tool is a 64-bit OS with at least 4GB of memory). On 32-bit operating systems (or 64-bit operating systems with <4GB of memory), warning messages, parse errors, very long load times, or other issues may occur when loading a large or complex frame capture file.
  • Frame capture using Intel® GPA Monitor runs best on 64-bit operating systems with a minimum of 4GB of physical memory. On 32-bit operating systems (or 64-bit operating systems with <4GB of memory), out of memory or capture failed messages can occur.

hopper.dustin@gmail.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS