• Create Account

UN Headquarters is now based in New Mombasa

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

http://www.gamedev.net/page/news/redir.php?g=781f6d5b9796119667f47c7b0f0598bb&v=345

Yes, this is from the news feed, but I have to say, this was almost enough to make me buy a XBox 360. How awesome of a publicity can you get? And how the hell did the BBC screw that up? That seems too hard of a mistake to make.
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Sponsor:

#2 irreversible   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1242

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

As long as they model their news after this, I'm not surprised. Anyway - CNN has a track record of being creative with their research.

#3 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

Anyway - CNN has a track record of being creative with their research.

It was the BBC o.O

#4 Moe   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1248

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

Anyway - CNN has a track record of being creative with their research.

It was the BBC o.O

Let the games of uninformed newscasts begin?

I thought it was pretty funny as well. Maybe someone intentionally slipped it in?

#5 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

I thought it was pretty funny as well. Maybe someone intentionally slipped it in?

They probably just did a google image search for "UNSC logo". The first image is the one they ended up using :P

#6 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

The guy would have to be a 18 year intern to not have an idea what the United Nations logo looks like. Plus I didn't even know the Security Council had their own logo?!

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#7 cowsarenotevil   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1979

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

This sort of thing seems to happen fairly often.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

#8 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

Maybe I should change the title to "The failed and sad state of the current news media"?

NOTE: The irony of that is not lost on me.

NOTE: For those who don't get the irony, please google what the Maquis are.

Edited by Alpha_ProgDes, 29 May 2012 - 10:27 AM.

Spoiler

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS