• Create Account

Reading drawn text

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Mato   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

So i am trying to read the text that is being drawn at the screen for a DirectX 9 game. The game uses a font sprite that contains all the letters for the font, i can already easily detect from the sprite size when a letter is being drawn, but the problem is that i cannot seem to find any way to get what part of the sprite is being drawn so i could indentify the character. The game uses a quad to draw the letter but the UV coordinates for the top-left point are just 0,0 so they dont help much.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how drawing only a part of a sprite is done without using UV coords for the vertices.

EDIT: Solved, i had just forgot to add the StartVertex * stride to the pointer to get the real first vertex.

Edited by Mato, 30 May 2012 - 04:33 AM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS