• Create Account

what code should i use to make a game with unity 3d java or c++ or something else?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 miradosamurai   Members   -  Reputation: 112

0Likes

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

hey i want to make a game with unity 3d but i dont know which code would be best used for things java or c++.i know a little java so im kinda leaning towards that.

Sponsor:

#2 jefferytitan   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2126

0Likes

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

Off the top of my head you can write code for Unity using C# or Javascript. Unity is designed as a full game engine and development environment that you can import objects into and attach scripts to. It isn't intended to be included into other programs, so it is unlikely that it would be useful in a C++ or Java project.

#3 Marvel Magnum   Members   -  Reputation: 333

0Likes

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

Unity supports 3 scripting languages - Javascript (I call it UnityScript as its modified for use with Unity), C# (no modifications, Microsoft C# 3.0 .NET framework) and Boo (similar to Python). You can use any of these for coding with Unity, Javascript is preferred as its easier to use (even the example game provided is made in it).

#4 bonus.2113   Members   -  Reputation: 630

0Likes

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

Using Javascript is probably the best idea if you don't have that much coding experience. C# gives you more flexibility though and I've done all of my Unity projects in C#, it works pretty well. It is possible to mix all three languages in one project, but I wouldn't recommend that as itgets confusing and you have to switch between languages constantly.
You can have a look at the tutorials page: http://unity3d.com/s...rces/tutorials/
Those should get you started.

Edited by bonus.2113, 30 May 2012 - 02:54 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS