• Create Account

Key repeat

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Acharis   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3220

0Likes

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:48 AM

How can I make key repeat (like in Notepad)? I need only one key at once (no simultaneous key presses, except SHIFT of course to detect capital letters), standard latin charset only (ASCII + cursors + delete + backspace), no UTF8 or other extravagances.

If possible, I would love these additional features (but can live without them):
- it does not interfere with standard key press (can use key repeat version for edit fields and standard behaving SDL keys for movin a ship for example)
- automatic conversion of small letters to capitals letters if any SHIFT or CAPS LOCK pressed
- national characters handling (only latin like 8 bit charsets)
Again, these are extras, only if possible, above all I need a functional basic version as desribed in the first sentence.

Europe1300.eu - Historical Realistic Medieval Sim (BETA)

Sponsor:

#2 SiCrane   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9423

0Likes

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

You can use SDL_EnableKeyRepeat() to enable key repeat and SDL_EnableUNICODE() to get character codes that correspond to key events.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS