I need some help, I want to create a game, but I don't know where to start, I will put down here some basics ideas of the game I want to create, so you can help me better:
- It would be a 2D game.
- I just want it to look like the game Diablo 1 or 2, nothing too complicated.
- I wanted it to have randomized maps, just like in the game Diablo, in case you don't know, Diablo had maps that were randomly generated everytime you exited the game, along with random generation of monsters, chests, etc.
- What should I use to make the characters? I mean the look, the "image" the engine will "display" for each one. Is Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop an option?
- What language should I use? Keeping in mind my goal (an 2-D RPG).
- What part of the game should I start making/learning?
- What engine, if necesary, besides language (I'm not well informed about this), should I use to make my game?
- What else do I need?
I play the guitar, I love composing music, and my love for music is only surpassed by my love for video games. So, how should I implement sound in a game?
If you want a more graphic view of what I want to accomplish, here is a video of the game Diablo 1 (year 1996 game):
Extra info: I have NO previous experience in programming.
I was also thinking in doing a course of Adobe Flash CS6, but I'm not sure yet, could this program make the game I described?
Hope I covered all the info.
Thank you in advance!
PS: Sorry if there are some language mistakes, english is not my primary language.
Edited by ChizFreak, 30 May 2012 - 05:50 PM.