• Create Account

SDL_net and C++ server tutorial

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 retroworld   Members   -  Reputation: 164

1Likes

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

C++ and SDL_net Server with python client. (Networking for client/server)

Hello everyone

If you are wanting to create an online game using blender, you may of heard that to have a fast server, you should create it in C++.

Well many people also work with the networking library called SDL_net but it is very hard to get start with it. I have created a tutorial which will get you started and creating your own server using C++ and SDL_net from scratch.

Knowledge of C++ would be very good since this isn't easy stuff but I did start it off assuming you are new to this.

I also created a simple python client for the reason that you can implement it into blender to create your own game and using a powerful C++ server.

check out and tell me what you think of the tutorial

Sponsor:

#2 retroworld   Members   -  Reputation: 164

0Likes

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

I have also created a tutorial to get you started if you are using linux. check it out

on the blog http://gamemakersgroup.blogspot.co.uk/

#3 retroworld   Members   -  Reputation: 164

0Likes

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

I am in the process of writing the second part of this tutorial which will talk about more advanced features in both C++ and SDL_net.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS