Looking for Feedback Tactical Basketball RPG Prototype,
Members - Reputation: 109
Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:20 PM
I wanted to show you a fun little game I am currently making and would like to hear feedback from you!
It is a Tactical RPG of Basketball! It is currently in a board game format because I wanted to get the feel
of its core game play before I write a single line of code. What I currently have now is a very basic game
and will improve on it later based upon feedback.
Players = 2
Learning Time = ~20 minutes
Playing Time = ~ 30 minutes - 1 hour
You can view the rules here at my blog
or you could view the videos that accompany it directly on youtube
If you want to get the pieces and board directly from here I attached them below
(Note: scale to fit paper when printing for the player sprites)
I am excited about this game and am looking forward to hearing feedback from the community!
http://subliminalman...basketsheet.png (Sorry couldn't attach)
Members - Reputation: 255
Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:36 PM
- Easy to learn
- There's always a chance to turn the tables in your favor, making for a strategic and interesting game.
- Video clarifies all questions I had after reading the rules. If you have a rulebook or something, include pictures of confusing instances.
- It's expandable -- once converted to a digital format, it's simple to add more attributes and rules that the computer can do for you.
- Might want to be more explicit on determining the 'middle' between two characters. Perhaps 'round up' towards the passer.
- There's a few edge cases, like if a pass fails (too low), and there is a cluster of 3 opponents between the passer and the pasee. There's not really any good 'in between' to put the ball.
- Make sure to account for longer games (more points, more phases) when it's in digital form and the steps move quicker. Is there anything that becomes tedious or repetitive once the game is longer?
edit: modified for readability
Edited by Humble Hobo, 03 June 2012 - 09:40 PM.