• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

birds eye view game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

#1 rouncer   Members   -  Reputation: 291

2Likes

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:18 AM

Ive made a map editor, and got a red dude standing there, im yet to code animation or collision detection, their next on the list but im trying to think what my game should be about... what do you think it looks like? :)

Posted Image

Sponsor:

#2 3DModelerMan   Members   -  Reputation: 1021

1Likes

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

How about a tower defense game?

#3 Sik_the_hedgehog   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1807

2Likes

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

This probably may be the wrong forum if you're asking for gameplay suggestions (Game Design forum maybe?).

Also eh, dunno about a tower defense game. I'd say, make the guy move around and see if you find something specific in your assets that looks like it could be fun to mess with, then see if you can come up with an idea involving that. And expect that idea to change a lot over time. Eventually you'll settle on something.

Edited by Sik_the_hedgehog, 02 June 2012 - 08:13 AM.

Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.

#4 IronyGames   Members   -  Reputation: 134

0Likes

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

You could try for an RTS thing like in brutal Legend... Like you have builders to build spawners and resource gathering but you also control a hero in a more extended way and all that. Sounds tough but starting small could work methinks.

#5 rouncer   Members   -  Reputation: 291

0Likes

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

hmm, just another screen shot, im gonna get right into this...
Posted Image

#6 rouncer   Members   -  Reputation: 291

0Likes

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by rouncer, 10 June 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#7 Narf the Mouse   Members   -  Reputation: 318

0Likes

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

Looks like a tactical FPS to me.

#8 hunpro   Members   -  Reputation: 875

0Likes

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

'Colorfull guys defending the powerplant/base from waves of even more odd-colored enemies' type of game, what i see.

#9 sednihp   Members   -  Reputation: 241

0Likes

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:56 AM

A free running Mirror's Edge kinda game would be more original than a run of the mill FPS/3rd person shooter.

#10 Waterlimon   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2597

0Likes

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

Its obviously a multiplayer zombie wave survival game.

o3o

#11 Sik_the_hedgehog   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1807

0Likes

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:50 PM

lol

But this looks like something that's probably better fast paced, so yeah, no zombies please =P
Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.

#12 Waterlimon   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2597

0Likes

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

lol

But this looks like something that's probably better fast paced, so yeah, no zombies please =P

Segway factory worker zombies? :<

o3o

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS