• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Soulless

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

#1 Endurion   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3682

0Likes

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

Soulless is a C64 game we just recently finished (and is out for sale since 1st of June).
It's a jump'n'run with search elements á la Impossible Mission.

It's been a real blast working on the old machine with all the limitations. The graphician (Smila) and musician (encore) did an awesome job. All in all it took us nearly a year working in private hours.

It was really interesting to work with all the media types. The game is available as tape (with custom tape loader by Richard Bayliss), as (floppy) disk, as digital download and as cartridge. Especially the latter one was intriguing getting all the intro/outro and game into 64 kB.

Unfortunately there's no demo of the game, but it can be purchased at http://www.psytronik...re-64&Itemid=57
For collectors, the bigger editions come with an additional CD, a poster and a full map.

Click here to view the iotd
Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Sponsor:

#2 taby   Members   -  Reputation: 336

0Likes

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

That looks really great! Looks like you all worked very hard at it, and it looks very professional. Congratulations.

Haha Impossible Mission. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. ;)

#3 Anonymous Poster_Guest_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

0Likes

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Your purchase page is broken! Please fix! This is a must have for me! :)

#4 Endurion   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3682

0Likes

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

Your purchase page is broken! Please fix! This is a must have for me! :)

The shop is fixed now ;)
Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

#5 Anonymous Poster_Guest_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

0Likes

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

Have played for a few hours, excellent game for me :)
Love the intro and the music, the ingame gfx are really good and the gameplay seems very solid.
Still waiting for the boxed versions to come through the door, disk and cartridge.
The extras looks superb too - comic, map, poster, and the companion disc with lots more extras on it.
Great work keeping the c64 alive :)

#6 Lode   Members   -  Reputation: 982

0Likes

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

I'm not sure if I'm stating the obvious or not, but: can this be played on an emulator, or is the game meant for actual C64 owners?

I love the music and graphics in the movie, especially the chip music!

This is really awesome, I didn't know new games were still being made for the C64!

#7 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4692

0Likes

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

One request. Can you make the images a bit larger? It's hard to see the graphics.
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#8 Narf the Mouse   Members   -  Reputation: 318

0Likes

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

...Now, if only they still made C64's - Other than, I suppose, hobby boards.

#9 Endurion   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3682

0Likes

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'm not sure if I'm stating the obvious or not, but: can this be played on an emulator, or is the game meant for actual C64 owners?

I love the music and graphics in the movie, especially the chip music!

This is really awesome, I didn't know new games were still being made for the C64!

You can do both. It was completely created on emulators (since I don't own a real C64 anymore), but is of course also playable on the real machine.

In the shop you can buy real media (tape, disk, cartridge) or simply the digital download (which is an emulator file). Everyone who buys a media also gets the download.

For now it's only available in the shop, however the crack will probably be available soon as well. We've made an agreement with the cracker, they'll hold the crack back for a while to support development ;)

#10 Endurion   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3682

0Likes

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

One request. Can you make the images a bit larger? It's hard to see the graphics.

Done. Note however, the images do not look as crisp on the real machine, usually the TVs mush the colors (and you get free anti aliasing)

#11 Anonymous Poster_Guest_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

0Likes

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

La Chine d hébergement ou les entreprises hermes pas cher chinoises de conception Network, par Dior Sac Gas main 6322 Peau De Mouton Rose Clair/Or exemple,hermes sac font la réputation crédible aussi en sac d école tant que fournisseur chieftain de solutions web. Puisque les gens de together with en increased by faire leurs courses ou en ligne et dinvestissement,http://sacshermespradapascher.blogspot.com Dior Sac Largest 6322 Peau De Mouton Rouge/Or vous pouvez battre les grandes entreprises par atteindre un nouveau secteur de votre marché, si vos produits et ou Dior Sac First 6322 Peau De Mouton Rouge/Or services sont applicables. Depuis avoir un instal network vous goyard sac dire? Réenregistrement de présence est Dior Sac Major 6322 Rose Rouge/Bleu/Orange 24/7, la construction dune réputation crédible wouldn? T être que difficile à battre. Pourquoi? Parce que les clients aimeraient sentir que vous? Nouveau disponible, chaque fois quils ont besoin daide ou dinformation. Talk about est-ce possible? Peu dexemples communs devrait sacs en bandoulière être FAQ? S (Foire Aux Questions) incorporé sur votre chapter ou peut-être,sac hermes ils peuvent interagir avec un représentant des ventes (ou directement à vous si vous? Re dune entreprise individuelle) sac lollipops solde à travers un forum, dans votre position Dior Sac Main 6323 Lisse Abricot/Or web. Comme mentionné ci-dessus,pas cher hermes le site est communément sous-estimée en tant que outcome à la construction dune réputation de crédibilité. Mais une fois que vous lessayez, vous trouverez ce que dautres fa?ons passionnantes que vous pouvez faire spew out votre entreprise de se démarquer standing relationship à vos concurrents. Un placement snare est un outil peu co?teux, dautant with an increment of si vous? Nouveau faire clad à une société de sous-traiter une explanation Web.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS