• Create Account

Animations in DirectX

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Panter   Members   -  Reputation: 189

0Likes

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

Hi! I'm working on a quite simple project of a 3D chess-like game whit teams in which chequers has various skill and can level up...
I use c++ and DirectX10.
My project doesn't need any phisichs or collision detection, but some amount of animations could really make the difference...
I am able of make the static models whit 3dsmax and import it to my engine, whit a converter that i have created.
Can you suggest me a good format in which save my animating models and a method of import it in my engine?
I tryed to search it in the net (and to create a format by myself too) but i found only discussion about the old .X format for dx9, so if you can suggest me some material (site, tutorials, books) too you'll do me a great favor!! Posted ImagePosted Image
Thank's!!Posted Image

ps: sorry my bad english!Posted Image

Edited by Panter, 04 June 2012 - 07:50 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 XVincentX   Members   -  Reputation: 129

1Likes

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

This should meet your needs: http://assimp.sf.net

#3 Panter   Members   -  Reputation: 189

0Likes

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Thank's very much for the help! This night i'll try to study it!! Posted Image Posted Image
You spare me from others weeks of depressing search whit only 6 words!^^
Thank's again! Hope it is what i was looking for! Posted Image

Ps: if someone else has others advices it are welcome Posted Image

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS