• Create Account

Help me name my game!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 aheydeck   Members   -  Reputation: 105

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

Hey all!
I've been developing a game to enter into dream build play this year. Im getting quite close to finish, which i have to since submission ends for dbp on tuesday.

Only problem is, im having real problems finding a good name for my game. I've always called it SimCom but i should have researched that better because i just found a company named that.
I

Anyways, the game is a contact-center-tycoon-type of game. The objective is to build your company and hire different classes of employees to take care of most things happening in a contact center, and to hit performance targets on your client contracts. So, macro management aswell as micromanagement.
A video showing a bit of the simulation part of the game can be found here:

So, anyways, if you have a name instantly popping in your head, please, share it! =)

Thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 DpakoH   Members   -  Reputation: 987

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

i like the cheerleaders, but why are those guys kicking the computers :) anyway, it looks very cool and dynamic! as for the name - can't really help you :(

#3 aheydeck   Members   -  Reputation: 105

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

.. but why are those guys kicking the computers

Thanks!

Well, they're IT staff.. and its difficult to make a simplified visual representation of fixing a computer that's broken down. I thought it would be funny if they'd just come over and start kicking the computer 'til it worked again! =)

Edited by aheydeck, 05 June 2012 - 07:41 AM.

#4 greggles   Members   -  Reputation: 347

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

Looks good. I really liked the education level of the janitor: Sweeping 101, Advanced Sweeping, and Sweeping with a Passion.

The first name I thought of when I saw the game is Big Huge Evil Company Inc. Another idea is to play off of telephone/telemarket, like using Telemagnate, Telemogul, or Telemarketeer. Or maybe stick with a basic name like Com Command or Call Center Command.

#5 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 19592

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

...hire different classes of employees to take care of most things happening in a contact center, and to hit performance targets...

"Contact Center" sounds good. It's kinda catchy, and almost sounds dramatically impressive ("Contact point" sounds like some dramatic tactical FPS game, or an alien invasion SciFi). Spoken with a dramatic voice: "Welcome to your first day at... THE CONTACT CENTER!", a joke in itself, being how boring telemarketing is normally portrayed as.

Edited by Servant of the Lord, 05 June 2012 - 03:38 PM.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#6 aheydeck   Members   -  Reputation: 105

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

"Big Huge Evil Company Inc" sounds good. Except that its really not an evil company! =)

"Contact Center"... i really like that idea. Its not too google friendly though... maybe along the lines of "Contact Center: The Game" or something like that?

Any more bids? =)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS