• Create Account

Is this a good start?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Colder   Members   -  Reputation: 115

0Likes

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hello,

This summer I'm going to attend to programming classes for 2 weeks, it will be an introduction to java and basic programming, is this good?I'm already thinking: If this 1 goes well,i may ask for more and more.
I'm studying in highschool (Science-technology) too.
I'm 16 years old.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Colder, 07 June 2012 - 04:52 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 kbenderoth89   Members   -  Reputation: 123

0Likes

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Dude that is awesome :) It's GREAT to see basic programming before you graduate. I learned some python when I was 16 and it helped me a lot. Doesn't really matter what language you start with. What's most important is you have an idea about the thought process in programming and knowing what you're getting yourself into. I see too many people get about halfway through game development at full sail or art institute and not like it anymore. Java is a great introductory language. Any language that's Object Oriented is a great start.
Best of luck to you

Edited by kbenderoth89, 07 June 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#3 warnexus   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 1390

0Likes

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

I do not see why you cannot. It is not too early or too late. The earlier the exposure the better. Good for you! Have a great summer with programming. Java is a great language to create software. Programming can be fun once you learn all the terminiologies.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS