• Create Account

Deformable Terrain Game Engines

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 2momo123   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

I am looking for some good game engines that allow deformable terrain (Voxel engines are fine too as long as they allow terrain deformation, and allow graphics better that minecraft)

I have good knowledge in C++ and C# as well as SQL databases, and some knowledge in lua. I'm just trying to find an engine that already allows this over a network, as im not too good with scripting network interface.

So far I have tried C4, which didn't seem to work too well for my goals, Visual 3d which doesn't have up-to-date networking last time I checked (on the features page they say they do, but many forum posts by their own staff seem to say otherwise) and in udk I have tried the fractal mesh system but that didn't work too well for whole terrains. Any ideas?

Thanks!!!!

Sponsor:

#2 Recoilthreat   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

as far as i know cry engin is the on open engin that has deformable terrain i use cry3 and it works pretty good for my design theres a good indepth video called eat3d that showed me some things I didnt think of or know the engin was able to do

#3 lmbarns   Members   -  Reputation: 460

1Likes

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

This was a plugin for Unity http://www.voxelform.com/

Here's a concept video for a refreshing game being built by 2 guys with Unity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxBSYit49c8&feature=player_detailpage

It has deformable terrain as well as procedural base creation.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS