• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

How to reinvigorate a team?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#21 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10173

0Likes

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

Concerning this thread, I had the idea to use it to ask oneself if they want to continue with the project, and that way one might get a different answer than expected. It was just an idea and I think it's fun to utilize at different scenarios, to see how much such a simple idea can be used for.

So you're saying it's a decision-making tip. Thanks for the clarification.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

Sponsor:

#22 Adam Spade   Members   -  Reputation: 161

0Likes

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

Best way to motivate a team, in my experience, is getting work done. As well, don't ever communicate a negative attitude about the production of the game. Save that for your mom. A weekly email update is motivational. Just make sure there is something to show in it every week! If your pace is slower, try biweekly or even monthly.

This is a business, run it like one. But try to be understanding with your team. Instead of saying "Hey, why haven't you got this done?" try asking them what kind of time they have and be interested in their lives. They are your friends, right? You will get answers that way. If it isn't going to work out with them, find somebody who is more motivated to take their place. But don't be mad at them. You could still use their talents in the future. Compassion and patience is an important quality for producer.

Adam Spade

Composer, Sound Designer

http://www.adamspade.com

Executive Producer

Uncaged Games LLC
"Release your inner game."

#23 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10173

0Likes

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Adam, it's great that you're catching up on your reading, but this thread has been dormant for two months. Please be mindful of the date of a thread before replying to it. Thanks.
Closing.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS