As soon as I clean the code and make some features more stable, it will be launched as LPGL'd open-source project. (although curious developers can e-mail me for early source code access).
Some of the features in the current build are :
- Custom SIMD optimized for functions like culling, tiling, occlusion, etc.
- DirectX11 renderer, capable of rendering for D3D10 and D3D10.1 hardware.
- Deferred lighting (light prepass) optimized with tiles (deferred tiling) on CPU.
- MSAA + FXAA anti-aliasing
- Instanced rendering for all scene meshes.
- Supports alpha and forward shading materials.
- Normal maps, specular maps, ambient maps, emissive maps, reflection maps, ...
- Fully dynamic CSM (PSSM) outdoor shadows (killzone2 method)
- Dynamic game entity component system with automatic serialization, scripting and editor integration
- Physx 3.2 rigid body integration which contains it's own physics file format.
- HDR lighting with filmic tonemapping
- Current tools are: mesh-importer, shader-builder, texture-compression tool, remote console app and map-editor.
- Scene management with unified grid spatial data structure
- Common engine systems like file-system, shader-manager, resource-manager, thread-manager etc.
- Animation for skinned and hierarchical meshes (blending not implemented yet)
- 2D/3D debug drawing tools with unicode font support.
- Basic OpenAL sound system with OGG and WAV file formats
- Basic scripting support with AngelScript engine.
models are courtesy of dexsoft games (http://www.dexsoft-games.com/)
Click here to view the iotd