• Create Account

Farseer Physics Movement XNA

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kaandimandimanbopbobop   Members   -  Reputation: 109

0Likes

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hey. I am working on a 2D Terraria-Like game, and I needed some help with the movement. To handle both collisions and physics, I am using the Farseer Physics Engine. I have two questions, which are probably quite simple.

1. How can I make my character stop moving once the movement keys are released. With the code below, the character still continues to roll:

[source lang="java"]if(k.IsKeyDown(Keys.Left)) { circleBody.ApplyTorque(-1000); } else if (k.IsKeyDown(Keys.Right)) { circleBody.ApplyTorque(1000); }[/source]
2. Can I make the character not bounce at all after colliding with a platform? I have set the RestitutionCoefficient to 0, but it still bounces a very small amount.

3. Is there a way to prevent the character from rotating its texture?

Thanks for the help

Sponsor:

#2 Guilherme Silva   Members   -  Reputation: 153

0Likes

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hey. I am working on a 2D Terraria-Like game, and I needed some help with the movement. To handle both collisions and physics, I am using the Farseer Physics Engine. I have two questions, which are probably quite simple.

1. How can I make my character stop moving once the movement keys are released. With the code below, the character still continues to roll:

As can see in the source code of the Body class there is a method called ResetDynamics(). I believe that this method is the one you are looking for.

2. Can I make the character not bounce at all after colliding with a platform? I have set the RestitutionCoefficient to 0, but it still bounces a very small amount.

I am not sure about this one, but try also setting the ground restitution to 0.

3. Is there a way to prevent the character from rotating its texture?

There is a propriety in the class Body name FixedRotation. Set it to true to have the character keep its rotation to 0.

Hope this is helpful ;).

Edited by Bayinx, 17 June 2012 - 02:25 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS