• Create Account

[GL, C#] Texture flags and setup like in Minecraft

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lunatix   Members   -  Reputation: 143

0Likes

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:56 AM

Hi!

I'm building a Voxel Shooter Game and i stuck at the textures. I have a chunk and map system and now trying to texturize the voxels via tile-textureing. All tiles of the texture are 32x32 and the texture itself is 512x512.

[Picture 1]
Posted Image

[Picture 2]
Posted Image

[Picure 3]
Posted Image

So, as you see, the tiles look like they are blurred [Pic. 2] and there are seems [Pic. 1] between them. I thought the mipmapping was causing it, also i've ad one extra pixel to prevent bleeding [Pic. 3] - but nothing seems to work. For example, the minecraft tiles are 16x16 - and they are sharp as hell.

So, i would like to ask, if somebody knows a good texture setup for this... maybe i have to write my own "BuildMipMaps" function? With a "Pixel Resize" Downsampling Mode like in Paint Shop Pro?
You like voxels? Then you may like... http://gameworx.org/?p=36

Sponsor:

#2 Waterlimon   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2573

1Likes

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

You should probably use some GL_NEAREST (or something like that) for the full resolution tile, and some interpolation for the rest if thats possible (though i dont know if you should use nearest for those too) when setting the setting up the texture.

Edited by Waterlimon, 14 June 2012 - 07:41 AM.

o3o

#3 Lunatix   Members   -  Reputation: 143

0Likes

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

Yay, Nearest made it, Tank you :)

Sorry for the simple question... have had a little blockout or something >_<
You like voxels? Then you may like... http://gameworx.org/?p=36

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS