• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Realtime metaballs rendering on Android

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Hamster Beat   Members   -  Reputation: 127

0Likes

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hi, i implemented realtime metaballs rendering for android devices. I made live wallpaper and called it Metaballs HD coz there was no such realizations on the market.
The main problem i got is the performance, especially on arm5 and 1core cpu devices.

For arm5 i simulated float-point arithmetics as int and for 1core cpus implemented complex optimizations of standart marching cubes alhorithm. But i am still not sure it works fast enough on low-performance devices.

These optimizations include linear memory usage, adjacent edge calculations for storing already calculated points and half grid size calculations according z axes direction.

If you have android phone or some suggestions about any more optimizations, please help me improve my wallpaper. Thanks.

P.S. can be downloaded here

Attached Thumbnails

• complex1.png
  • complex2.png
  • dark_shadows.png
  • melons_at_the_beach.png
  • metagalaxy.png
  • space.png
  • wise_cat.png

Edited by Hamster Beat, 14 June 2012 - 04:23 PM.

All delicious android apps by hamsters drummers http://hamsterbeat.com/

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS