There are two fleets. Each has some scanners and tonnage (number of ships). The fleet that has better ratio of scanners to tonnage (smaller fleets are easier to conceal) gets an ambush bonus (the enemy fleet was detected first, they was better scanned for enemy formation, etc).
- I think it would be fun if player were to specialize some ships, like not scanners on all ships but a special class of recon ships
- all ships (non reconnaissance) should add to the scanning score, even if not specialized
- Each ship can have a scanner.
- Top 10% best scanner ships add 100% of their scanning score to the fleet scanning ratio, next top 20% add 50% of their scanners, the rest of the ships add 20% of their scanners (so it's critical to have 10% of your ships equipped with scanners, it would be nice to have next 20% equipped with some cheap scanners as well and the rest of the fleet don't really need scanners but if these hapen to have it it's not a total waste).
- How much "size" a fleet has depends on the ship's size (small ship +1, big ships +5), cloaking module halves the "scanning signature" of a ship (it's a bit different than scanners, since scanners work best with a few ships (top 10%), the cloaking reduces the size of the fleet so it works perfect on all ships)
- The total fleet's scanning score is "all scanners / fleet mass (decreased by cloaking)", then such number is compared with enemy's and the better fleet gets an ambush bonus
* how you feel about this as a player?
* other ways of making this (preferably better than the one posted )?
* anything else related to space scanners (gameplay related only please, no realism feast!)
Edited by Acharis, 17 June 2012 - 04:32 AM.