• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Render a triangle and cube same time ?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 andrei94   Members   -  Reputation: 134

0Likes

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hello everyone !

From the title u can see that i'm a total beginer... i've read a book about dx11 and msdn tutorials... i understood them ... bot no one had an example with ... rendering 2 things with diferent geometry... let's say i want to draw a cube and a triangle... how i do that... if my vertex buffer store the cube vertices... how i modify it or what should i do to be able to render the 2 objects :D

Ty ;D

Sponsor:

#2 Fredericvo   Members   -  Reputation: 419

1Likes

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

One draw call per object.
I.e. Set world, view,projection, material/texture and vertex buffer for object 1. Draw.
Set whatever changed I.e. World, vertex buffer 2 (if different object) and draw.

#3 andrei94   Members   -  Reputation: 134

0Likes

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

so i should use multiple vertex buffers right ? :D 1 buffer for each element :-??

#4 Fredericvo   Members   -  Reputation: 419

1Likes

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

It sure seems silly for such simple geometry but imagine a house and a car for example. You would set all settings and renderstates for the house, draw it, do it again for the car and draw it. You're right that it requires creating 2 VB's and possibly 2 index buffers as well if you use that which you should.

#5 andrei94   Members   -  Reputation: 134

0Likes

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

Thank's a lot man :D that really helped me

#6 Fredericvo   Members   -  Reputation: 419

0Likes

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Welcome man :-)
One more thing, if you draw let's say the car 2 or more times then obviously you don't need a VB for each instance but only change its position (worldmatrix!) and draw from same VB/IB again.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS