I am Louis-Philipe. I am an computer engineering student currently. Still 2 years to go ... So, I have learned - in order - HTML, Visual Basic 6, C# (only the basics), python with pygame, C and currently getting more comfortable with Java. For most of it, I am self learning but I still got some university courses. The last game I did was a project at school and it was pretty decent. Short but decent.
So, I am 20. I like programmations and game making. I'd like to get better.
By the way, I've read the tips "don't post in the first hours of the creating of the account". The things is that I know that site for a while so I know how it is.
PS I am a french guy. If I am doing some error in english, I won't be offended if you correct me.
About the game itself
First, I have already started a little that project. He is currently under development.
I want that game to be like a squad survival game. I want to add it some upgradable portion for the guys,
I would have a level system with persistent upgrades.
No multiplayer part, that I'm pretty sure.
Most important, I am developping that game to work on android devices with andengine engine. andengine.org
About where I am
- Currently, the graphics portion have to be redone since I am using free stuff from the internet. The soldiers are self made but I think they are way too simple. Are they ?
- The sound part is currently not done at all.
- The allied soldiers part is currently most done. Modifications will have to be done further, but I am satisfied for now.
- The enemy part is currently done, but I'd like to add more enemy in the future.
- The wavesystem is basically done and I will improve it a lot in the future.
- The upgrade system is not done at all
- The saving system is not done at all, same for the loading system
- Mainmenu is roughly done currently
I plan actually to finish the game systems and to improve graphics.
I will follow it by the upgrade system and a save/load system
I will then add more level to play with.
So, what I need for feedback is about the general idea of the game.Personally, what would you think would be good to have here ?I also need comments about what you see in the picture overall so I can improve.You can alsocomment me on the unit/building/rts/rpg part of the game.Finally, if you would see a game that type on android market by example, would you try it ?
I don't plan on having finished that game soon. I am planing to continue to put work on it.
If anyone is interested in trying the game - I still in really early stage of developpment - I can maybe pass you the APK or mostly upload it to the androidmarket.
Thank you to everyone.
Thank you everyone.