• Create Account

[Under developpment] Survival game, feedback appreciated.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 wiwip   Members   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Hi everyone,

About me
I am Louis-Philipe. I am an computer engineering student currently. Still 2 years to go ... So, I have learned - in order - HTML, Visual Basic 6, C# (only the basics), python with pygame, C and currently getting more comfortable with Java. For most of it, I am self learning but I still got some university courses. The last game I did was a project at school and it was pretty decent. Short but decent.
So, I am 20. I like programmations and game making. I'd like to get better.
By the way, I've read the tips "don't post in the first hours of the creating of the account". The things is that I know that site for a while so I know how it is.

PS I am a french guy. If I am doing some error in english, I won't be offended if you correct me.

About the game itself
First, I have already started a little that project. He is currently under development.
I want that game to be like a squad survival game. I want to add it some upgradable portion for the guys,
I would have a level system with persistent upgrades.
No multiplayer part, that I'm pretty sure.
Most important, I am developping that game to work on android devices with andengine engine. andengine.org

About where I am
  • Currently, the graphics portion have to be redone since I am using free stuff from the internet. The soldiers are self made but I think they are way too simple. Are they ?
  • The sound part is currently not done at all.
  • The allied soldiers part is currently most done. Modifications will have to be done further, but I am satisfied for now.
  • The enemy part is currently done, but I'd like to add more enemy in the future.
  • The wavesystem is basically done and I will improve it a lot in the future.
  • The upgrade system is not done at all
  • The saving system is not done at all, same for the loading system
  • Mainmenu is roughly done currently
Current work
I plan actually to finish the game systems and to improve graphics.
I will follow it by the upgrade system and a save/load system
I will then add more level to play with.

Feedback
So, what I need for feedback is about the general idea of the game.Personally, what would you think would be good to have here ?I also need comments about what you see in the picture overall so I can improve.You can alsocomment me on the unit/building/rts/rpg part of the game.Finally, if you would see a game that type on android market by example, would you try it ?

Conclusion
I don't plan on having finished that game soon. I am planing to continue to put work on it.
If anyone is interested in trying the game - I still in really early stage of developpment - I can maybe pass you the APK or mostly upload it to the androidmarket.

Thank you to everyone.

Posted Image

Thank you everyone.
Louis-Philipe
Computer Engineering student

Sponsor:

#2 Stormynature   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2666

0Likes

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:39 AM

Bonjour (with terrible Australian accident)

From this section:

About the game itself
First, I have already started a little that project. He is currently under development.
I want that game to be like a squad survival game. I want to add it some upgradable portion for the guys,
I would have a level system with persistent upgrades.
No multiplayer part, that I'm pretty sure.
Most important, I am developping that game to work on android devices with andengine engine. andengine.org

About where I am
Currently, the graphics portion have to be redone since I am using free stuff from the internet. The soldiers are self made but I think they are way too simple. Are they ?

The sound part is currently not done at all.

The allied soldiers part is currently most done. Modifications will have to be done further, but I am satisfied for now.

The enemy part is currently done, but I'd like to add more enemy in the future.

The wavesystem is basically done and I will improve it a lot in the future.

The upgrade system is not done at all

The saving system is not done at all, same for the loading system

Mainmenu is roughly done currently
Current work
I plan actually to finish the game systems and to improve graphics.
I will follow it by the upgrade system and a save/load system
I will then add more level to play with.

I extracted only this:

The soldiers are self made but I think they are way too simple. Are they ?

Is that the only feedback you are looking for? Are you seeking more feedback - in general terms or specific terms to your game design - If you are - you need to point out what it is you are seeking to be answered or given feedback to. Yes the graphics are simple but if you are seeking specific advice on how to make changes, improvements or leave them as is, I would separate that part of your post and repost it in the "Visual Arts" forum to get more pointed advice on it.

You need to post this in the "Help Wanted" forums.

Help needed
Currently, if anyone is willing to do some graphics for my game. I would credit it for the amount of work done for me.
As you can see in the image, I don't really have a constant graphic type yet, but I am open to pretty anything.

I you are interested in helping, just PM me or reply to that message. I should pass daily.

Also, I don't really need it soon, but if I plan to add a campaign, I need an history to with it. If anyone is a good rp guy or if you have written some thing and are willing to pass it. Even if its just an idea about anything that could happen. I would make my like easier.

However with regard the:

Even if its just an idea about anything that could happen.

If you write it up as a post in the "Writing for Games" forum, you would most likely obtain a number of ideas to aid you.

Not trying to offend you but it is difficult to obtain answers on a variety of areas if you stick everything into one post. It is far better to divide your one large post into several smaller posts and place them in the relevant forums. Mainly because the people with appropriate skills primarily pay attention to the area of their skills and less so outside of there. Despite this I like what you have done so far and applaud the fact that you are actually producing content.

Edited by Stormynature, 20 June 2012 - 01:40 AM.

#3 wiwip   Members   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

Thank you, I am presently at job. I will make changes tonight.
I basically need advices on wich kind od grwphics you would seek in a game like that.

your comments have been taken. Thank you.
Louis-Philipe

#4 Legendre   Members   -  Reputation: 963

0Likes

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Very nice work!! I too have a basic game coded and is starting to look at hiring artists. Send me a private message if you want to talk to someone and/or share information about this. :)

#5 wiwip   Members   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

Not trying to offend you but it is difficult to obtain answers on a variety of areas if you stick everything into one post. It is far better to divide your one large post into several smaller posts and place them in the relevant forums. Mainly because the people with appropriate skills primarily pay attention to the area of their skills and less so outside of there. Despite this I like what you have done so far and applaud the fact that you are actually producing content.

Personally not offended at all. I am even thanking you for your comments.
I did some changes to my post, added more feedback needed and went to visual art section asking for help.
Thank you.
Louis-Philipe

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS