• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Help/Advice in Game Design

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 shawn299s   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

So I am looking into getting into game design. I have been researching this and it seems most people suggest NOT getting a degree in game design because what really matters is your portfolio, just wondering if thats the consensus on this.

If so, I still need some training so I was wondering how I should start. Are tutorials the way to go? Or something else?

I am planning on possibly turning this into a career.

Also if you are going to suggest schools, keep in mind I am 33 and my credit is not so great.

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10164

0Likes

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Shawn, you might want to read the Breaking In FAQs, since it doesn't sound like you are asking a beginner programming question. Moving this to Breaking In. Back out to the forum, and look for the FAQ link at upper right.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS