• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Sound and directx

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 lomateron   Members   -  Reputation: 363

0Likes

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

I am doing a program were I take a .wav sound file and show the sound you hear visually using directx 10. I already have the visual part were I load the sound data into the GPU and show it visually in whatever form I want through time. This may be stupid but I cant find in the internet code for a simple way to play the sound, in the SDK there is the Xaudio2, XACT,(I don't know if direct sound can still be used, it must be the simplest way) but they look too complex for what i want, I just want to play a wav file. I need help in finding a simple code to do that. Using Visual Studio ULTIMATE yeahh...

Edited by lomateron, 22 June 2012 - 06:59 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 TiagoCosta   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2462

0Likes

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

This is probably the easier way to play a sound: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd743680(v=vs.85).aspx
Or do you need something more complex?

#3 lomateron   Members   -  Reputation: 363

0Likes

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

Just what i need for now. I want to see more about that engine of yours... just searched, found your youtube channel with only 2 videos.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS