• Create Account

Game Engine's For Beginners

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fallenrat   Members   -  Reputation: 85

1Likes

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

Ok so lately i've seen alot of
  • What game engine do I chose?
  • Beginner Game Engine?
  • Starting game engine?
  • Beginner to game programming (need help)
Posted Image

Threads on the forums and was replying to most helping them out but it felt like I was spamming, so for anyone that needs help deciding on a game engine. Go to http://niverse.wordpress.com/ and look at the top article there. http://niverse.wordpress.com/2012/06/18/5-best-ways-to-start-in-game-development/ if i've posted heaps by the time you read this.

It contains the info you need to decide on which game engine you need to start with.

Posted Image
  • Coding (None-Low-High)
  • Beginner Friendly?
  • Community
  • Tutorials Amount
Soon i'm going to post an article more in-depth on each of the game engine's.

Sponsor:

#2 Dream Cutter   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 211

1Likes

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

Definitely look into CopperCube 3 by Amberia. Its a 3D game engine that you can make a game by programming the JS using a menu based interface programming. I just recommended same to another user on another thread here, I don't want to seem like i'm plugging them cause I am not affiliate or anything just a user that made his first 3d game with it. Its is a 3d mini game, where pigs are battling for control of a hilltop apple tree but it runs and plays great in HTML 5 on a web page. (Fast PC graphics card recommended). But it was really fun and I m already working on the next levels and a separate castle game.
3DSkyDome.com animated sky boxes and instant 3d Android & WebGL publishing.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS