• Create Account

Texture Transparency Issue

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wilhelm van Huyssteen   Members   -  Reputation: 1010

0Likes

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hi.

The edges of the transparent areas in my textures render weirdly. Any idea what might cause this?

Thnx in Advance!

Posted Image

Edited by Wilhelm van Huyssteen, 24 June 2012 - 10:43 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 SimonForsman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6299

1Likes

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

Hmm, that might happen if you render the alpha blended parts before the other parts and use an alpha test to reject completely transparanent pixels. (That would cause the edge pixels to get written to the depth buffer while not adding much color at the same time).

It might help if you render the transparent parts last and disable depth writes for them. (you should still do the depth test though).

(If this isn't the case you might want to post the relevant code).

Edited by SimonForsman, 24 June 2012 - 10:50 AM.

I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

#3 dpadam450   Members   -  Reputation: 946

1Likes

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

It is either rendering first and blending with a white background. Or your mip-maps are being downsampled wrong and taking in the transparent pixels as white and blending them in with the actual pixels.

#4 Wilhelm van Huyssteen   Members   -  Reputation: 1010

0Likes

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:33 AM

In the end my z-sorting was just messed up ya. I double checked it after reading your posts and found a little bug. Thought it would be something else :D

Thnx!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS