• Create Account

Them Bones them Bones them Dry Bones

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 greenzone   Members   -  Reputation: 672

0Likes

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:40 AM

Ok I have a question about skeletal animation.

say i have two bones only in my skeleton.

and also say i am to draw the actual skeleton.

how many frames/Matrices are involved in this? from what i understand for the first bone or bone0 i would have a matrix at the tip of bone0, a matrix in the middle of bone0, i would then have a matrix at the tip of bone1 and a matrix at the middle of bone1.

So the first matrix of each bone would be the matrix for the joint and the second matrix of each bone would be the matrix that is offset form the first in order to draw the bone mesh, if i was to render the actual bones. is this understanding correct or am i thinking about this wrong. also would this understanding still work, if correct, when skinning the bones? Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated. thanks
J-GREEN

Greenpanoply

Sponsor:

#2 mrjones   Members   -  Reputation: 612

1Likes

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

It sounds about right. Although technically you could get away with only 2 matrices. One for the first bone and another for the second bone. That is if the vertices of bone meshes form a unit length mesh that's starting tip is at 0,0,0 and end tip is where the first bone would end if its matrix were a unit matrix. Though matrices for bone meshes might make things more convenient.

Edited by mrjones, 28 June 2012 - 05:05 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS