• Create Account

- - - - -

Trouble in using Lua in C#

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 outsky   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

Hi, I tried to use Lua in C#, but got Unhandled Exception which said can't load luanet.dll when run the compiled program(See the screenshot below).
cmd.png

Environment: MS Visual Studio 2010, Lua5.1

I followed this article(http://www.godpatterns.com/2006/05/scripting-with-lua-in-c.html), and also copied luanet.dll to my project's bin/Debug dictionary.

How could that happen?
Thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 Net Gnome   Members   -  Reputation: 769

0Likes

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

May want to look into any DLR implementations of Lua for .NET. I believe there is one out there called Nua, but it never really made it... there may be a couple others out there...

Your specific issue looks like an issue with having to wrap the non-managed dll (perhaps you missed an appropriate dll declaration or attribute tag). If you used a DLR implementation, it would require no messy wrapping on your part.

Edited by Net Gnome, 17 July 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#3 Endurion   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3577

0Likes

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

The executable tries to find luanet.dll, if you run it from the IDE, put the .dll in the release/debug folders
Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS