• Create Account

FriendlyName of wave in IXACT3WaveBank and Microsoft Cross-Platform Audio Creation Tool

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 anders211   Members   -  Reputation: 182

0Likes

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hi,
There is a big problem with Microsoft Cross-Platform Audio Creation Tool. Please see this image:
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/197/xact3tool.jpg

I have 4 *.wav files in the wave bank and the names of the files are 'bankrut', 'gong' etc.
However when I set those strings to the GetWaveIndex('bankrut') etc. I get XACTINDEX_INVALID as XACTINDEX instead of number 0,1,2,3.
So I check whatt friendlyNames of XACT_WAVE_PROPERTIES are in this way:

XACTINDEX pNumWaves = 0;
wBank->waveBank->GetNumWaves(&pNumWaves); //it returns me proper value - 4
XACT_WAVE_PROPERTIES prop1, prop2, prop3, prop4;
wBank->waveBank->GetWaveProperties(0, &prop1);
wBank->waveBank->GetWaveProperties(1, &prop2);
wBank->waveBank->GetWaveProperties(2, &prop3);
wBank->waveBank->GetWaveProperties(3, &prop4);

XACTINDEX index1 = wBank->waveBank->GetWaveIndex("bankrut"); //I get XACTINDEX_INVALID
XACTINDEX index2 = wBank->waveBank->GetWaveIndex("gong"); //the same
XACTINDEX index3 = wBank->waveBank->GetWaveIndex("final_lost"); //the same
XACTINDEX index4 = wBank->waveBank->GetWaveIndex("countdown"); //the same

and they all are very strange because they are 'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE', they don't correspond to the tool names. As far as the rest data of XACT_WAVE_PROPERTIES are concerned, they correspond to the tool's properties (channels, bit, sample rate etc.). The problem is only in friendlyName data. So does anybody knows if it is a bug of Microsoft Cross-Platform Audio Creation Tool creation of .xwb files that it creates friendlyNames in not proper way?

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS