• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

d3dx10math.h not found?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Burnskagen   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:42 AM

So I am using this tutorial: http://www.rastertek.com/dx11tut03.html

The file d3dx10math.h doesn't seem to exist, which causes some errors. What should I use instead?

Sponsor:

#2 Burnskagen   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

Nothing?

#3 MJP   Moderators   -  Reputation: 11786

1Likes

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

Are you using the older June 2010 SDK, or are you using the new version of DX that's included in the Windows 8 SDK? Because if it's the latter, there is no more D3DX.

Edited by MJP, 02 July 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#4 Burnskagen   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

What should be used instead then?

#5 Necrolis   Members   -  Reputation: 1370

0Likes

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

What should be used instead then?

If you want to stay on the DirectX side, use DirectXMath, its the new maths core for windows 8 (supersedes XNAMath). just read the docs carefully before hand, it has a few traps, such as alignment that may catch you out (also it doesn't support C or any compiler before VS 2012, though technically you can get it working on VS2010, which is what I do)

#6 Dawoodoz   Members   -  Reputation: 331

0Likes

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

I just made my own math library using typedef because I want functions with return values and I have enough dependencies in my project.

My open source DirectX 10/11 graphics engine. https://sites.google.com/site/dawoodoz

"My design pattern is the simplest to understand. Everyone else is just too stupid to understand it."

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS