• Create Account

Simple library visibility issue!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 crovea   Members   -  Reputation: 124

0Likes

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

[SOLVED]
Turns out visual studio was importing the .cpp files from the library project! Even tho i had not made any sort of reference to it! wierd. By renaming the cpp file in the library, the project using the library simply acted as i suspected.

Hey! im fairly new to c++, using visual c++ and i've encountered a small issue i'd like to have solved!

I'm starting from scratch creating a 2d graphics library, i have successfully created a simple class with a simple function that throws an exception, in the library, exported it as a DLL and a .lib file that links the DLL ( that's how to do it right? ).

I can use the library in a seperate project perfectly well, but when i call the function and the exception is correctly thrown, i can see the .cpp implementation file from my library, even though this is in a completely different project?

I may be misunderstanding things a little bit, but isn't library implementations supposed to be hidden? and if thats not standard, how can i hide my implementation, since i don't want my users to go modifying the library directly.

Thanks!

Edited by crovea, 02 July 2012 - 09:20 AM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS