• Create Account

Wich software should i use?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Delisk   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 10 January 2000 - 12:57 PM

Im macking a small Myst clone (The game is not actualy a clone it is only the same style) Call "The manor of the crime". All the action take place in a samll manor. I try to find an artist (im sure you see my post) but since i find no one,i will try to do the art myself. This is my question ; Witch software should i use (only for graphics)? All the action take place in the manor (i don''t plan to have any strange effecs). PS-Free sotware are better for me.

Sponsor:

#2 mason   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 10 January 2000 - 02:11 PM

The cheapest, yet still good, program I know of is Paint Shop Pro.

Beyond that there is Adobe Photoshop.

If you really want free stuff, there is a raytracer called POVRay which IIRC is free.

Also, isn''t The Gimp free on Linux?

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com

#3 SonicSilcion   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 10 January 2000 - 02:49 PM

While I was rumaging around the 'Net one day I happened across a very nice looking 3D modeling program called "The Poor-man's Renderer." The manual is completely online, and reading through it I'll say it's better than RayDream Studio for anyone starting with 3D graphics. Plus, it's free
Too bad I can't remember how I found it, but I'm pretty sure it's made for Linux.

Edited by - SonicSilcion on 1/10/00 8:51:23 PM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS