• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Binormals and tangents

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 greenzone   Members   -  Reputation: 672

0Likes

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

I am trying to do bump mapping. I have the normals of the geometry and i know that the binormal is the crossProduct of the nomral and the tangent. but how do i find the tangent. I mean i know that the tangent is in relation of the S and T of the texture but im just not understanding how this all comes together. I guess my question is how do i find the tangent in order to do bump mapping on a object more complex then a cube or a plan? thanks
J-GREEN

Greenpanoply

Sponsor:

#2 Krohm   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3167

1Likes

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

I guess you're looking for Computing Tangent Space Basis Vectors for an Arbitrary Mesh.
Additionally, the AssImp library includes this functionality.

#3 greenzone   Members   -  Reputation: 672

0Likes

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

thanks I am using assimp to import and i did not know that. thanks i already found the functionality.
J-GREEN

Greenpanoply

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS